Thursday, April 28, 2011

We admit, we're fans

Both Michael and I are big fans of Portal. It seems only appropriate that we make our best guesses at the next big Internet meme that will spawn from Portal 2.
Personally I don't think any of them will be as big as; the cake is a lie, our love affair with the weighted companion cube, or GlaDOS's broken hearted end game serenade. None the less, there is some real potential here.
We both agree, Spaaaaace! is going to be big, and all derivatives there of. Such as, I'm in space!








Cave Johnson's lemon rant is a definite contender as serious meme.




His safety quote about "inventing a safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out because you're fired," is up there too. I couldn't find a youtube quote of it by itself.


In an almost unrelated topic. Yesterday I decided I was an Ellen McLain fan. If you live under a rock, she's the voice of GlaDOS. I am a fan because she actually responded to an email I wrote her in 2007 about the first Portal. She mentioned to me her interest in a sequel, and that she'd love to have an opera song in it (she's actually an opera singer, fyi). I was glad she got her wish; she deserved it.

This video is also interesting if you are a huge Ellen McLain fan like I decided to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment