Sunday, January 9, 2011

CES 2011

It's that time again. The Consumer Electronics Expo ushers in the new year with tons of tech related products for Joe Consumer. While the quantity far exceeds the quality every year, I'd like to share some of the products that I think will make the most impact in the future.



Microsoft Surface 2

The Microsoft Surface has always been an interesting product. Essentially, it's a huge iPad that was around before the iPad. Microsoft has geared the product towards business, not yet figuring out how it has a place in the home (coffee table?).




Ford

With the introduction of My Ford Touch at last year's CES by new-ish Ford CEO Alan Mulally, I have been listening whenever Ford makes an announcement. Ford has been pushing car tech the last few years, one of the only manufacturers to really do so. Sure, tons of companies have included iPod connectivity, but which companies have built an entire GUI inside the car?

This year, Ford is introducing the Ford Focus 2012, in both gasoline AND fully electric models. As far as American car companies go, I am glad to see one of them pushing the envelope.

Full disclosure: I drive an Explorer.




So, what piece of tech are you most excited for?




Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment