Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Life Rules: Collar Stays

This is a new segment and the first rule I just made up today:

Never buy a collared shirt without built in collar stays.

Yeah I had no idea what they were called either, but Google figured out what I meant by collar sti...

Image blatantly stolen from random online retailer
who sells rips off metal you put in your collar.
Usually, as enlightened individual, I try to see the argument from both sides. In this case I have made an exception. I don't care why these dreadful simple contraptions even exist. The plastic ones break in the washer. If I remember to take them out I forget to put them back in so I look goofy at work. I am certainly not spending money for the real ones. Seriously, look at those prices; for a strip-of-metal-you-put-in-your-collar. Why the freak do they make matching cuff links? You can't even see them! Is there some truth that eludes me? Is my socioeconomic status so unrefined I can't grasp a concept? Maybe, but I don't care. It's a new rule I just made up so that I don't have to waste brain power on the subject ever again.

The plan is, once I get a number of these rules I'll organize them in a hierarchal structure. I'm already seeing this one fall under \clothing\fashion (as opposed to \clothing\utility and \clothing\comfort...let's just say that is a whole different blog post).

No comments:

Post a Comment