Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Second Quest Goes Better than Expected

After I made my level 4 video I realized I never found the treasure in the dungeon. So I went back, and eventually found the book. Then after hours and hours of looking for level 5, I gave in and looked it up on the Internet because I just don't have the same kind of time I had as a kid.

To my surprise, I needed the raft. But I didn't have the raft. I had gotten treasure from all of the previous levels, where do I find a raft now? Well, that kind of first quest thinking should have been left in the cave with the old guy telling me it was dangerous to go alone. Back in level 4 I found a raft (In some rooms I overlooked). A raft and a book in the same dungeon... after the level with no boss... Ganon's not making this round easy on me.

Subsequently, while I was searching for level 5 I got to know where everything else was. I even spent some time in level 6 and found the ladder. After a lot of time, a lot of effort, and thousands of save states, I completed level 5 and 6. On the other hand level 7 and 8 were cake. If you call rooms, so full of blue darknuts and ball shooting statues that the game slows down, cake. Little known fact: Nintendo came up with bullet time way before the Matrix. They just called it "to many enemies on the screen....time".

I also realize, without the aid of save states, this would take a ridiculous amount of time. Not to mention the Nintendo Power-esque tip I nabbed off the Internet about where to find level 5. It's no wonder so few people never finish the second quest [citation needed]. I know I have found parts of it to be annoying and drawn out for the sake of difficulty and I am at a great advantage over old school NES play.

Now I have the triforce (again), and am poised at Ganon's front door. I haven't jumped into level 9 yet because I want to have the time to give what it deserves. I do plan to record this one. I'm sure it will be a horrible watch. I am genuinely curious about it because I have no idea what is in store for me. Will it even be a skull? I'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment