Monday, July 11, 2011

Something new to do

I've been a big fan of The Legend of Zelda since I played the first game back in 86. I was also one of the few fans of Zelda 2. Of course, like everyone else on the planet, I enjoyed Zelda 3 (that's the SNES one usually called A Link to the Past). There were some Zelda games after that, but really who cares (okay I did like Twilght Princes a little).

I realized the other day I have played through The Legend of Zelda at least a million times, but never have I played through the second quest. If you are unfamiliar with the second quest, it is a harder version of the same game you can play after you beat it the first time--or if you use Zelda as your name when starting a game.

I've started to prepare myself to play the second quest of The Legend of Zelda. First thing I did was find an emulator I like. After playing around with that for about 5 seconds I realized it just isn't the same without a controller. So I dropped a couple of bucks and picked up a NES controller USB adapter.

Before I undertake the second quest, I thought I'd run through the first one again as a refresher. I started the other day and, while it's no speed run, it's going much faster than I remembered. I've already collected five pieces of the triforce and purchased the blue ring. After all these years I still dread Dungeon 6. Man it's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment